Sunday, August 10, 2014

Tarte Friends and Family Sale Haul!

When I heard about Tarte’s recent Friends and Family sale, I almost immediately placed an order. 30% off and free shipping? I am powerless to that kind of deal. I did manage to fight off the temptation to go full ham and buy everything, and for that, I am proud of myself. I purchased 4 things – 2 Amazonian Clay blushes, a mascara sample kit, and a set of mini maracuja lip glosses. I also received a free sample of the Amazonian Clay Double Detox Face Mask. This was my first time ordering off the Tarte website, and the shipping was pretty fast, and for orders over $75CAD it’s free, so no complaints there. I haven’t tried many Tarte products before this, which is why I ordered the sample sets. I also just love trying out sample sets in general – trying out new products is half the fun of makeup!


Tarte "Best for Lash" 4-Piece Deluxe Eye Set

Tarte 4-Piece Eye Set
Tarte 4-Piece Deluxe Eye Set

The first thing I knew I needed to get was the “Best for Lash 4-Piece Deluxe Eye Set” ($30/On sale for $20CAD/Discounted to $14CAD). I’ve heard great reviews for Tarte’s Mascaras, but I typically don’t like buying higher end mascaras in full size. They’re expensive, they dry out quickly, and you can’t try before you buy. Samples sizes of mascara are the way to go! They last such a long time anyway, that I almost never need to buy mascara anymore.
The set came with 4 products, all in a deluxe sample size:
-          MultiplEYE Lash enhancing primer
-          Lights, Camera, Lashes 4-in-1 Mascara
-          Lights, Camera, Flashes Statement Mascara
-          Lights, Camera, Lashes Waterproof 12-Hour Inner Rim Liner

I haven’t tried out any of these products yet as I already have a mascara open, but I will be doing a review once I get the chance to use them!


Tarte "Clutch the Spirit" 8-Piece Lip Gloss Set and Clutch

Tarte Maracuja Lip Glosses
Tarte Maracuja Lip Glosses

 The other sample set that I picked up was the Clutch the Spirit 8-Piece Lip Gloss Set and Clutch ($36CAD/Discounted to $25.20CAD). I almost never buy lip glosses, and don’t use them every day, so I figured that having 8 minis in various shades would be perfect. The clutch is okay, it’s surprisingly nice for a “free gift with purchase” type of thing, but I probably won’t end up using it to much, mostly because I don’t like carrying around clutches. It was a nice touch, but I probably would have still purchased the set if it were not included.
The kit contained 8 glosses in varying shades, most of which were on the blue-based red and pink side of the color spectrum. I won’t go into a full review of the kit, as this post would be insanely long if I did, but I'm considering doing some lip swatches soon!


Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blushes in Dazzled and Flush

Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Dazzled
Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Dazzled
Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Dazzled


Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Flush
Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Flush
Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Flush

The last two things I purchased were the ever-famous Amazonian Clay Blushes, in Dazzled and Flush ($31CAD/Discounted to $21.70CAD). Dazzled is a soft rose with golden sparkle to it, but the glitter does not translate to the face. Flush is a matte, pale berry color. Every YouTuber, Beauty Guru and Blogger has been raving about these blushes this year. I heard the hype, but actually didn’t have too much interest in picking any up before this. I figured I had enough blushes, and these cost a pretty penny at $31CAD each. But with 30% off, these become even cheaper than MAC blushes so I decided to take the plunge – and I do NOT regret it! These blushes are amazing. So pigmented, blendable, long-wearing and just gorgeous on the skin. I absolutely understand the hype now! I just want them all. My bank account says it does not want them all. My bank account doesn’t want me to buy anything though, and 9 times out of 10 I just don’t listen to it. Oops.


The last thing I got was a free sample of the Double Detox Amazonian Clay Exfoliating Facial Mask (not pictured). I haven’t used it yet, so I don’t have an opinion on it, but I think that the free sample was a nice touch. According to the Tarte website, you get a free sample with every order.

Overall I’m super happy with everything I bought, and now I want to try out more products from Tarte (especially some more shades of the Amazonian Clay Blushes)! Did you take advantage of the Friends and Family Sale? What’s your favorite product from Tarte? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment